Friday, January 11, 2008

Faith - my first of the scripture challenges



So here is the first challenge. I decided to take a different take on it than I think most people will. I chose two verses from Genesis 9:16-17. It says "Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the Earth. So God said to Noah, 'This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on Earth."

After reading the word and the verse you may not see my line of thinking, so let me explain. I think this verse speaks to God's response to our faith. He was rewarding Noah for his faith. He entered into a covenant with the entire Earth, and the rainbow was a sign or a reminder of that.

My dad passed away a few years ago. It was obviously a difficult time for us. My Aunts told my children and my niece and nephew that every time they saw a rainbow it was Grandpa smiling down on them. Now I know that that little platitude had more truth in it than perhaps they knew. This Bible verse says to me that whenever I see a rainbow it is our Father smiling down on us!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Regan I just love how this turned out! Thank you again for passing along this challenge. I am looking forward to a year of this! -Gayle